The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
sandhya wrote,

But still a Dr.Amartyasen is there. But, if we are considering population of India, it should be at least in thousands. Isn't it? Same is the case of each and every field in India.
I think our Gurukula education is far far better than our present system. At least some students come out, who actually know the true meaning of education. Education is not just earning a certificate. All universities give moderation marks for students to pass. In SSLC, if he scores 10 marks out of 50, he will get moderation and will be declared 'pass'. Actually, will the student be benefited from this? I don't think so. A student should learn the subject to know about it, not to 'just pass' and continue further education. When his basement itself has not been well-built yet, how can he achieve more heights? Never possible at all.

yes, you are right. Dr Amartyasen is there. But consider the situation, lakhs of students are educated every year, but how many of them are getting the real education as it meant to be. one successful person among thousands or lakhs is not the success story of Indian eduction. the ratio must improve considerably.
Now the present India eduction system doesn't pay attention towards moral values. How you come to know about this incident. A student of class 7 or 9 has murdered his school teacher in Chennai. Look how pity the Indian education system is. The students don't gain the moral values what they are meant to know.
So friends all your views do converge to a frank admission that something is seriously wrong with your present system. As pragmatism demands moving up with times, we have to meet the demands of changing times in a manner and mode that makes a happy blend of both old and new.There ought to be a smooth transition.Swami Vivekananda laid great emphasis on Western body and Eastern thoughts. Obviously by "Western body" he was referring to all the technological progress and the robustness of physique of the Westerners but his faith in our mental strength was intact. We have to take full advantage of all the advanced technologies available to make strides in the field of education. We must strive to make it available to the last person at an affordable cost - not just for an elite class of people. Our value system inherited from our forefathers have to be revisited and re-cultivated.
Friends,
Thanks for all your valuable inputs.Here I wish to put some recent steps in education system.

Some one here mentioned about Santhininketan.The early system of education was Gurukula system.There a guru was there and Sisyas were residing with him for years and years still he feels that he had got "education".In that days they were studying the whole life through education , not bound in books.When technology grown up all things got focussed and similarly education converged to book system.The ultimate result was that when old education produced humans the current education produced book worms.
So we have to go back to old system with new technology implemented to go hand in hand with time.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Earlier students used to by-heart their learnings since there were no books, also quoted some in leaves. So, they did it seriously and learnt everything that great men told. Also, science and technology were not subjects at that time and studies were concentrated more on moral stories and epics. At that time, people respect great men with education but now, people with high salary and job profile. Now, no one see the importance of great epics and how they can influence our character and life. Rather they prefer science books and google.

I think, all of us are deviating a little from the subject. Discussion started from parents and now we are discussing about education system of India only. Am I not right?

Meera sandhu
"Are we producing burnt out children?" was the GD topic.Here we discussed so far the education system that produce the burnt out children.

I think now two tyoes of children are produced from schools.One following the CBSE cyllubus has knowledge without skill while the other following state syllubus have skill without knowledge !!!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Hey Sandhya I agree with you that what now days is lacking is "balance" specially in our education system as earlier with education books at school people were getting things about our cultural, social life our past but know a days the themes of books had been changed. People are getting advance knowledge but not knowing about India's Past and their people.

What I feel is that syllabus makes all the difference. Up to a certain level this is all right to learn all the subjects, later on while the child knows about basics of his culture, morals and history these should be limited to students who want a carrier in that particular subject. They should concentrate more o knowledge rather than lengthy memory tests of a student. Any one with a sharp memory can beat a brilliant student in this method. Besides the government's stand that reduces the chances of brighter ones is also making life tough and they are going all out to beat every one else. Therefore the present state of students leaving no stone unturned in order to find themselves in fray.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Earlier students used to by-heart their learnings since there were no books, also quoted some in leaves. So, they did it seriously and learnt everything that great men told. Also, science and technology were not subjects at that time and studies were concentrated more on moral stories and epics. At that time, people respect great men with education but now, people with high salary and job profile. Now, no one see the importance of great epics and how they can influence our character and life. Rather they prefer science books and google.

I think, all of us are deviating a little from the subject. Discussion started from parents and now we are discussing about education system of India only. Am I not right?

We may be deviating a bit from the main topic but the parents' mind set and education system are closely related to the main topic. The children are over worked and they have to unnecessarily face consequences of over ambition of their parents. There may be drawbacks in education system but this is common to all. In some respects, the less intelligent children of super rich parents are worst sufferers. Their poor intelligence does not enable them to study in higher professional colleges but their parents' contribution to capitation fee compels them to get higher education. They are frustrated in consequence.

The parents need to understand the potential of their children and not indulge in over expectation. The education system should be uniform for all- poor and rich. We need best professional and this is possible only if each child is enabled to grow according to his aptitude, interest and ability.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Earlier, some years back, professional courses were given by government organizations only, where students of pure merit (some reserved seats too) were only admitted. I think, we should return to that system of admission. If so, only qualified students will be able to become a good doctor or engineer. But it is not possible in present conditions.
Government itself is earning money through such private institutions. That's why they are approving more colleges. What's its after effects? More seats are there. So, more students are able to get those seats with less effort, if they have money in hand.
Before 10-15 years it was really difficult to get an engineering seat and those who get it were really brilliant. Earlier, minimum 50% should be needed for science subjects to write entrance exam. But now? I think, only just pass is needed. Not sure

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.