Marital rape is sex with wife without consent. It's a big issue in the west. However Ms Menaka Gandhi in parliament said on Thursday that concept of marital rape is not relevant to India because of many reasons one of which is saunctaty of marriage. Islam of course does not recognise this. I wonder what view to take if government does not recognise marital rape.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

After marriage men have full priority upon her wife. Marriage is a sacrament that make two people - husband and wife - a single person. In family life, wife do not have the right to reject sex if her husband wants it. But if she is physically tired, do not compel her for this. Husband should behave according to the circumstances. Do not force her for sex if she is physically weak. Otherwise, it will become rape. 

For every one marital rape there are far more considerate husbands making the institution of marriage stable.

Jincy Aby wrote:

After marriage men have full priority upon her wife. Marriage is a sacrament that make two people - husband and wife - a single person. In family life, wife do not have the right to reject sex if her husband wants it. But if she is physically tired, do not compel her for this. Husband should behave according to the circumstances. Do not force her for sex if she is physically weak. Otherwise, it will become rape. 

Women are not property that after marriage men get the right on their wives' life and body. A successful married family is that where man and woman both respect each other's wish. There are unnumbered families in India who follow this rule and in exchange enjoy the bliss of a happy married life. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

Women are not property that after marriage men get the right on their wives' life and body. A successful married family is that where man and woman both respect each other's wish. There are unnumbered families in India who follow this rule and in exchange enjoy the bliss of a happy married life. 

Good points raised, but who will recognise marital rape in India as the government does not subscribe to this? in other words a wife can be forced to sex, without any recourse to any remedial action.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

It is right that women are not property after marriage but for right my views some differ. After marriage both wife and husband have right on each other with some duties. If one don't understand problem of other than I think relation of marriage is worthless.

rape is never acceptable- marital or otherwise. But there are practical difficulties in establishing marital rape. It is not possible that the spouses sign an affidavit on judicial stamp and get this notarized before sex testifying that the sex is consensual.  The relation between a husband and wife is very personal.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

rape is never acceptable- marital or otherwise. But there are practical difficulties in establishing marital rape. It is not possible that the spouses sign an affidavit on judicial stamp and get this notarized before sex testifying that the sex is consensual.  The relation between a husband and wife is very personal.

You are right sir relation between husband and wife much personal and both are not like to share these with others. But I read in newspaper that in some case sex was base of divorce. Here in my city one husband gave reason for divorce that his wife need enough sex and I am cann't satisfied her. 

anil wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

You are right sir relation between husband and wife much personal and both are not like to share these with others. But I read in newspaper that in some case sex was base of divorce. Here in my city one husband gave reason for divorce that his wife need enough sex and I am cann't satisfied her. 

Yes. This happens. some women are more demanding and may be called nymphomaniac. An average man may not satisfy her. I think that this is her physical necessity. Man should allow her more freedom- even allow extra marital sex. Sometimes, man may be more demanding. But man can easily indulge in extra marital sex unlike woman. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes I have heard too about many cases where the reason for divorce is sexual in competencies by husband, also sometime women claim her husband being impotent,where he is not able to satisfy her demands.  

Either way it is a marital rape when force, brutality or mental torture is used. It should be penalised and government must look into this matter very seriously. Yes, there is a problem in deciding who is right because it's a very personal issue but that does not mean it should remain unaddressed.  

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.