Nobody has a name unique or peculiar to him. Name is just to identify and nothing else. It would mae no difference even if one were addressed by some number just as prisoners are called by Quaidi number.

But sridevi, actress feels that her name has a brand value and nobody can use this. Is she the only sridevi? If she really feels that she has some sort of monopoly on her name, why does she not sue all the women who have their name common to her.

Surprisingly, she objects to a movie containing 'sridevi' in title.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/Controversial-Bollywood-film-titles/photostory/44810526.cms

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is no smoke without fire. Who is the smoke and who is the fire in this case. Yes Sridevi does not have a copyright to her name.
Nobody has a name unique or peculiar to him. Name is just to identify and nothing else. It would mae no difference even if one were addressed by some number just as prisoners are called by Quaidi number.

But sridevi, actress feels that her name has a brand value and nobody can use this. Is she the only sridevi? If she really feels that she has some sort of monopoly on her name, why does she not sue all the women who have their name common to her.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/Controversial-Bollywood-film-titles/photostory/44810526.cms

Yes, we can't copyright our names, not even actors for that matter..but RGV is apparently blamed for using Sridevi's name for his film title, and what we read in this news piece is that this has got something to their past..which we are unsure of.

//Replying to the controversy, RGV posted on his Facebook page, "In the legal notice sent to me, there seems to be an apprehension that the film Sridevi is based on a crush I personally had for Sridevi in my college years." However, RGV clarifies that the story of his film is about a teenager's infatuation with a 25-year-old woman. He further asserts that the woman in the film doesn't play an actress nor is the teenager, a director. He also adds, "There's a huge age gap between the boy and woman in the film Sridevi which is not the case with me and the real Sridevi."//

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes, we can't copyright our names, not even actors for that matter..but RGV is apparently blamed for using Sridevi's name for his film title, and what we read in this news piece is that this has got something to their past..which we are unsure of.

//Replying to the controversy, RGV posted on his Facebook page, "In the legal notice sent to me, there seems to be an apprehension that the film Sridevi is based on a crush I personally had for Sridevi in my college years." However, RGV clarifies that the story of his film is about a teenager's infatuation with a 25-year-old woman. He further asserts that the woman in the film doesn't play an actress nor is the teenager, a director. He also adds, "There's a huge age gap between the boy and woman in the film Sridevi which is not the case with me and the real Sridevi."//

In fact, the disclosure by RGV is more disgusting. The viewers have nothing to do with real life of any actors or the background of story.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In fact, the disclosure by RGV is more disgusting. The viewers have nothing to do with real life of any actors or the background of story.

Yes, as commoners we are least bothered about who had a crush on whom...but this piece of story is sure to make some news and bring the movie maker into the limelight.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes, as commoners we are least bothered about who had a crush on whom...but this piece of story is sure to make some news and bring the movie maker into the limelight.

Sridevi is a name and it is not copyrighted to one person. Even some persons with same name and initial are living in the world. Here rajinikanth name also used as a movie name but due to his intrusion it gets stopped. The name is not permanent. The same actors are changing their names if luck is not on favor of them.

I think the verdict is clear.  Sridevi is not a copyright.  I do not think that the name is a brand and hence a copyright.  The director may be well within his rights to do what he does.

However, I have seen this post only today.  One thing that I noticed about the photographs -- they were very disturbing, and one shudders to think what very young boys will do, when the movie ultimately comes out.

The director might as well avoid further controversies.  One does hope the movie has a powerful story to tell.

If Sridevi's name is unique and makes herself as a brand, my name is also unique and claim myself as the brand ambassador of Boddunan. Similarly Gulshanji. Why not?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.