Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I too believe in doing things without expecting returns. I have done it and still continuing. If some one out of gratitude offer some thing in cash or kind, I don't have any objection.

It is not possible in today's scenario to do any work without expectation. If we start any work then we expect some result for that work, without thinking about the result of that work we cannot start work. If we start some work without expectation, then it may not be completed with proper efforts. We apply efforts only when we have some expectation from that work.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

It is not possible in today's scenario to do any work without expectation. If we start any work then we expect some result for that work, without thinking about the result of that work we cannot start work. If we start some work without expectation, then it may not be completed with proper efforts. We apply efforts only when we have some expectation from that work.

That is what I have said in my earlier post with respect to current scenario, but whatever we lay our expectations at, they should be realistic and balancing with how sincere and honest our work is.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I beg to differ with you. If any work which I can do and my work, which doesn't involve any financial burden on me, and is useful to the other person, even if he uses for commercial purposes, I never mind doing any work without any compensation. For example I have donated blood many times to the needy. I refused to accept any money from them. Rather I advised them to use the money that they are offering for the rehabilitation of the sick person for whom my blood was transfused.

rambabu wrote:

I beg to differ with you. If any work which I can do and my work, which doesn't involve any financial burden on me, and is useful to the other person, even if he uses for commercial purposes, I never mind doing any work without any compensation. For example I have donated blood many times to the needy. I refused to accept any money from them. Rather I advised them to use the money that they are offering for the rehabilitation of the sick person for whom my blood was transfused.

That is from the humanitarian point of view, many people are not involved and do not bother to ever get involved in such activities. Possibly what Manoj is alluding to is from only livelihood point of view. There are also many who expect to be paid for smallest of the jobs. But I feel in the current context, all we need to be is to be willing to offer help when someone is in trouble before our eyes and not turn a blind eye. We do not need to go out of way to do good deeds. We see an accident occur, we need to step forward to help the victim. We know someone is abusing and beating his wife, we step forward and try to put a stop to it. etc. There are many instances where we can just come forward and help without expecting any thing.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

That is from the humanitarian point of view, many people are not involved and do not bother to ever get involved in such activities. Possibly what Manoj is alluding to is from only livelihood point of view. There are also many who expect to be paid for smallest of the jobs. But I feel in the current context, all we need to be is to be willing to offer help when someone is in trouble before our eyes and not turn a blind eye. We do not need to go out of way to do good deeds. We see an accident occur, we need to step forward to help the victim. We know someone is abusing and beating his wife, we step forward and try to put a stop to it. etc. There are many instances where we can just come forward and help without expecting any thing.

Exactly. When it comes to stretching my helping my hand to the really needy and are in distress, I do not hesitate to take the initiative. It may be seeing an old woman cross a busy road or calling an ambulance for the immediate medical aid for a person who is lying in a pool of blood unattended and uncared. But the irony is, in this process I earned many enemies. But I never cared.

rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Exactly. When it comes to stretching my helping my hand to the really needy and are in distress, I do not hesitate to take the initiative. It may be seeing an old woman cross a busy road or calling an ambulance for the immediate medical aid for a person who is lying in a pool of blood unattended and uncared. But the irony is, in this process I earned many enemies. But I never cared.

That is the whole point, doing your job and not caring what others may think or what the outcome may be, as long as what you are doing is indeed the right thing to do. "Neki kar aur kue mein daal"

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

That is the whole point, doing your job and not caring what others may think or what the outcome may be, as long as what you are doing is indeed the right thing to do. "Neki kar aur kue mein daal"

Quite encouraging. Do you know, even my friends and relatives abuse me for being nosy.

rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Quite encouraging. Do you know, even my friends and relatives abuse me for being nosy.

I can understand that, the reason why such people are disliked by others is because it puts pressure on them too, they fear that they too may have to emulate you at some point, hence the dislike. 

Thank you said by: rambabu
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I can understand that, the reason why such people are disliked by others is because it puts pressure on them too, they fear that they too may have to emulate you at some point, hence the dislike. 

A pertinent point indeed. You exactly located what is the reason behind my being branded as nosy.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.