Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The gist of your view speaks clearly that Parents help and cooperation is necessary. In your case, what your father has done is right. Because, he persuaded to learn Bengali. You have done what your father said. It's alright, if you cannot write Bengali correctly, it doesn't matter. Seeing this experience, you too applied the persuasion method. and the good thing is you are seeing the results in your son. Give your son his own time to learn Bengali. Remember what all your son needs is just working knowledge. That's all.

The reality is, mother tongue is the sweetest language for everyone. If one fails to speak, understand and enjoy his/her mother tongue then he/she misses the essence of his/her root language. 

shampasaid

I agree with you. A Mother tongue is as comfortable as a Mother's lap and as sweet as as a Mother's lullaby. Which is why neglecting or forgetting Mother Tongue implies  missing the essence of life.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Mother tongue is important like mother. My mother tongue is Bagri, it is some what like Hindi. In these day I am not speaking my mother tongue. My parents are no more and my brother ans sister is living separatley, I am speaking is these days Hindi, By children are Hindi speaking because my wife is Hindi speaking. But I always speak in Bagri if other one is Bagri speaking.

when I was in Odisha. my children used talk in English and Odiya in schools. But in my home we used to talk in Only in Telugu in my home. That's why, when I changed my Job and came back to my state, my children never faced any problem in adjusting with Telugu atmosphere.

You come back to your language but is my case I think it is not possible because my children is speaking Hindi from birth, it is their mother tongue. After me no one will be in my house use my mother tongue Bagri.

I can understand the situation and problems you are facing. I too feel, it is difficult for you to implement the usage of Bagri, your Mother tongue in your home.

One more reason that I started speaking Hindi with my family. Most of the alphabets of Hindi and Bagri are same so we never insist our children to speak in my mother tongue.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Mother tongue is important like mother. My mother tongue is Bagri, it is some what like Hindi. In these day I am not speaking my mother tongue. My parents are no more and my brother ans sister is living separatley, I am speaking is these days Hindi, By children are Hindi speaking because my wife is Hindi speaking. But I always speak in Bagri if other one is Bagri speaking.

when I was in Odisha. my children used talk in English and Odiya in schools. But in my home we used to talk in Only in Telugu in my home. That's why, when I changed my Job and came back to my state, my children never faced any problem in adjusting with Telugu atmosphere.

You come back to your language but is my case I think it is not possible because my children is speaking Hindi from birth, it is their mother tongue. After me no one will be in my house use my mother tongue Bagri.

I can understand the situation and problems you are facing. I too feel, it is difficult for you to implement the usage of Bagri, your Mother tongue in your home.

One more reason that I started speaking Hindi with my family. Most of the alphabets of Hindi and Bagri are same so we never insist our children to speak in my mother tongue.

Of course. It serves the purpose. You are almost in touch with your Mother tongue

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Of course. It serves the purpose. You are almost in touch with your Mother tongue

yes Hindi speaking and Bagri speaking can understand each other languages. But in case of Tamil, Telgu and other south Indian languages it is not possible that. 

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

yes Hindi speaking and Bagri speaking can understand each other languages. But in case of Tamil, Telgu and other south Indian languages it is not possible that. 

True. All the South Indian languages are different. That's why, it is important for the parents to communicate with their children in their Mother tongue

well i think that to learn something we should know the basic language which is our mother tongue. so to do something basic is important so does the mother tongue because whatever we learn, we learn from our mother tongue 

bhuyali saroj

We cannot be very rigid in defining mother tongue. My mother tongue is Punjabi but as I live in U.P., Hindi has become more natural to me as well as the next generation. So not Punjabi but Hindi is practically the mother tongue.  A poster has commented that he and his children no longer use Bagri so much. Sp practically, Bagri ceased to be mother tongue and for all purposes, Hindi is the mother tongue in his family. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There are many Christian communities in the south who speak only English although their mother tongue may be Kannada or Tamil...This is because since the time of British rule when their forefathers worked under the British they interacted only in English and now they have adapted English as their mother tongue , although some of them esp the older generations  do speak the state languages. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.