What is your favorite book? I would like to know which book is your favorite. Everyone has a favorite book that he or she love to read. My favorite is a fiction novel,  Sons of fortune by Jeffrey Archer. I really like to read it as many times as possible. 

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

My all time favorite are the Harry Potter series. I love it not only for the way the magical and muggle worlds are imagined but more so for how in every volume some insignificant character from a previous vol becomes the hero... 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Books on history and traveling is my favorite one.

anil wrote:

I too love history and travel books. A few years ago I invested in 21 volumes of books called History of the world by time / life , which is the most precious possession we have. We all keep reading and referring to it from time to time and I feel it is well worth the investment..buying books and travel are both the best investment for your money.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I too love history and travel books. A few years ago I invested in 21 volumes of books called History of the world by time / life , which is the most precious possession we have. We all keep reading and referring to it from time to time and I feel it is well worth the investment..buying books and travel are both the best investment for your money.

Wow, lovely! Which edition do you have? and if you don't mind me asking, how much did you get the entire set for?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I have many favorite books ranging from Alistair Maclean, John Grisham, John Le Carre, Larry Collins, Dominic Lapierre, David Baldacci, Dan Brown, Jeffrey Archer, among others, classics such Jane Eyre, Little Women, etc. But the ones that are my most favorite books are "Gone With the Wind", "Atlas Shrugged" and "Mrityunjay" by Shivaji Sawant in Marathi.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I have many favorite books ranging from Alistair Maclean, John Grisham, John Le Carre, Larry Collins, Dominic Lapierre, David Baldacci, Dan Brown, Jeffrey Archer, among others, classics such Jane Eyre, Little Women, etc. But the ones that are my most favorite books are "Gone With the Wind", "Atlas Shrugged" and "Mrityunjay" by Shivaji Sawant in Marathi.

Most of the authors that you have mentioned writes very beautifully.  I have not read any books by John Le Carre. But the rest of them are some of my favourite writers too. Once I start reading the books written by the, don't feel like stopping till I complete it especially John Grisham and Dan Brown. After reading Dan Brown's novels I got interested in symbology.

By the way have you also read the sequel to " Gone with the wind"? It was written by a different writer but their style of writing is almost similar

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I read both Dawn Brown and John Grisham. The spell binding narration of both these Masters are the highlights .These Books are simply Unputdowanable .

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Wow, lovely! Which edition do you have? and if you don't mind me asking, how much did you get the entire set for?

Kalyani it is just one volume that was published by Time/Life and has now been discontinued . It cost Rs 29,000 in the year 2002 and now since it is not published any more has become like a collectors item..

gc5128348928626195266

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Biographies are my favorites as well as books on contemporary topics.
I would like to congratulate @ USHA for purchasing such wonderful books.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.