Healthy Foods & Drinks For Eyes

Although we use our eyes everyday, we rarely pay attention to them until there is some serious problem. Eyesight can depend on several factors, such as age, heredity and other conditions. Here are some important diets and advice for eye care.

Many people have been implementing various methods to restore their vision and overall eye health. These people are no longer in need of depending on glasses or contact lenses in order to see clearly because of the benefits of naturally improving their eyesight.

Diet:

To strengthen your vision, or if you face particular eye strain, add stewed apple, sprouted chick-peas, and raw carrot (an excellent source of Vitamin A) to your diet.

For breakfast eat a stewed apple and 1/4 cup chick-peas which have been sprouted for two days. For lunch, eat a salad with shredded white daikon radish and one carrot, flavored with salt and lemon juice. You can also add cucumber, tomato or lettuce to taste. Vegetable soups, green leafy vegetables, and wheat bread are nourishing for the eyes. Dinner can include the same cooked foods, only less quantity.

Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Constipation, or internal dryness, has an adverse effect on the eyes. But stay away from caffeinated drinks. Even though people drink coffee to release stress, it increases toxicity and dehydrates the body.

Almond drink is ideal for the eyes, or you can grind 1/2 c. each of almonds, raw sugar and anise seeds and add 1/2-1 t. a day to a cup of warm milk.

Another excellent Ayurvedic remedy for improving vision is to remove the seeds from one pod of black cardomom and combine with 1 tablespoon of honey. Chew thoroughly. This strengthens vision if taken every day.

Eat Fish, Fish oil is a great source of Vitamins A and D, both of which are very eye health-friendly.

Eye care habits for better eye health.

* The first principle is not to stare at any object for long times or don’t try to figure out a distant object in such a way that you tire your eyes. Blinking of eye is a natural process and don’t suppress the feeling to blink your eyes.
* Don’t attempt reading or watching TV in dim light or too bright light (bright sunlight).
* Being part of your body, your eyes too require rest. Don’t cut in on the time to sleep.
* When you wake up in the morning, splash your eyes and face with slightly warm water 10-15 times.
* Every morning after waking up, fill your mouth with water, close the eyes and sprinkle water on them about 10-15 times. Be sure, as Ayurveda advises, to wake up before sunrise. Do not use hot water to wash the eyes.
* Do not wash the eyes or face when the body is sweating, especially after hard physical exercise or after being exposed to heat and sun.
* Staying up late in the night and sleeping after sunrise is harmful for the eyes. In case of staying up late, drink a cup of water after each hour or half hour.
* Protect your eyes from dust, smoke, strong sunlight and strong wind. Avoid staying long in such conditions. In case you have to stay, blink often and massage the closed eyes gently with your palms.
* Regular eye exercise maintains perfect eyesight. One simple method of exercise is moving the eyeball – right and left; upwards and downwards and rotating it in the clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.
* Putting one drop of honey in each eye once a week is also beneficial to the eyes. It causes a bit of irritation, but cleans the eyes.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks for the tips,Neetu. But honey in eyes sounds bit scary. :dry:
Yes that remedy is little bit scary...i think other are good to implement..
I think cleaning would be difficult when we pour some drops of honey in to the ears.Will it not create stickiness?
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]I think cleaning would be difficult when we pour some drops of honey in to the ears.Will it not create stickiness?[/quote]

Other than sickiness maybe it will burn first...to my knowledge it contains Vitaman C which may give burning feeling..
Good information as usual and good discussion on it ! Thanks Neetu!
Eyes should always be given high importance and care among all the organs...
They are also the main expressive parts in communication.

Very informative Neetu.... Thanks Again.. :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Thanks for sharing this. As Deepti said I add this too.One knows the value of eye when he loses it.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.