How to Improve English Vocabulary?

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Here are a few points:

Reading good articles.

writing articles and make people review them.

Try to research about the meaning of the words that are unknown to you.

try to use the words which you have learned recently in your writing. :) :)

smriti
Thank you Smriti your words are more useful to learn vocabulary. :) :)

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Go through quality texts of stories novels,newspaper editorials,observe the style,usages of words,grammatical constructions and finally pick up and note down the words you are coming across first time in a systematic manner.I call it a systematic exercise as I feel it should be done preferably on a daily basis.I am sure, one can see a lot of improvement within 6 months!
Whenever you see a new word in newspaper or any magazine, do not delay consulting dictionary. Also look for new words with same meaning. For this you should consult English to English dictionary preferably Oxford.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Many has given their opinion and I am agree with that but I want to add only one thing -just stay active in all section of Boddunan you will improve in English Vocabulary.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
What we see in boddunan are products and not the processes of their production!
you should english movies as these days their dialogues are printed down the screen where you can know what are actors speaking and how they speak it
The suggestions given by smrithiji, chinmoyeeji, gulshanji, ramjiand Ishaji are really useful for me. I will surely implement them

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

[quote]you should english movies as these days their dialogues are printed down the screen where you can know what are actors speaking and how they speak it [/quote]

To understand the movies its is okay to watch those dialogues but if you want to improve your English skills, I would not recommend it as they are not really correct and error-free.

To improve vocabulary, the method I usually follow is everyday make it a point to learn one new word from dictionary, understand and absorb and practice how to use it in sentences. This way you will learn more new words and you will improve your vocabulary.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If you can learn 10 news words from dictionary, you can improve a lot in vocabulary. Furthermore, listen english news on daily basis.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.