Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Guys,

As said earlier, there is always a case of misuse. But again there are ways to defend it as well.

For now on boddunan site is not technically feasible to implement this feature immediately. However, we are working on a new look of the website with much more stringent measures for tracking views. Hope it will become success. Based on the initial trial period, we will decide to continue or not. However, not that it will take some more time to become live.

Arun, thank you very much for the help. I do contact you once I overcome all these challenges with new software.

anything new happening on this front Maverick?
been away for ages now & just thought of checking out what's news at Boddunnan :)
No. Pay-per-View was not considered for implementation because of technical limitations and possible mus-uses. The purpose of the site also beaten down if we go in that route. There is no need to give incentives to view the articles.

The major setback, however, is it is against the terms of Google Adsense.

Presently, we get one point for viewing an article. This enables share in revenue. My query is that if some one views an article again, will he get any point. i know that one cannot get extra point by visiting the article too soon. But can one get point again after reading article again after a few months or next year.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]

Presently, we get one point for viewing an article. This enables share in revenue. My query is that if some one views an article again, will he get any point. i know that one cannot get extra point by visiting the article too soon. But can one get point again after reading article again after a few months or next year. [/quote]

Yes Gulshan, the person will get 1 point if he visits the same article again after some days. Because I have seen many people commenting twice on the same articles with a gap of few days in between each comments.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Mam I did not notice this if it happens means how many days it will take again points for article reading.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

[quote]Mam I did not notice this if it happens means how many days it will take again points for article reading. [/quote]

I do not know how many days, but if you notice same people are prone to commenting again and again on same articles!

When commenting on articles we get points means no one will work on forums just they go on participate on that. I had never observed points on articles commenting.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

[quote]When commenting on articles we get points means no one will work on forums just they go on participate on that. I had never observed points on articles commenting. [/quote]

Sasi earlier you used to get 2 points for commenting on articles. But for some technical issues, these points have been stopped for quite some time now, I guess misuse was also an issue!

Maverick, have you tried to contact direct advertisers. Boddunan is a huge community with a dedicated and loyal following. I am sure many Indian companies would be happy to promote themselves here.

We already have an 8k inhouse audience with us (Though I am sure half of the members are not active but still)

Add search engine traffic to that and we are talking something.

Normally sites getting more than 70k views a month easily attracts advertisers.

It is worth a shot Maverick.
yeah...that is why we don't see the top commentator of the day award...has it been stopped........

smriti
I read about this share point for every 1000 points but it should be for every Hundred points that we made.
[quote]yeah...that is why we don't see the top commentator of the day award...has it been stopped........ [/quote]

Yes it was stopped smriti because it was being misused big time.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.