Mayweather won the bout with relative ease as he predicted for himself, but later on pacquiao said he was punched in the hand where he was having pain. Is it a real victory as just a rematch is on the cards as the uk news channel suggests in the year 2016..

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Mayweather may have won the bout and within the rules but it is quite obvious that chivalry in sports is quite dead. We cannot say the decision was unfair but neither was it fair play.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@ Kalyani, I never thought that there was unfairness in the bout that lasted fully. What I could see was the Korean Boxer, made Mayweather sweat in some occasions. I complement the Korean who fought like a lion unto the last.

rambabu wrote:

@ Kalyani, I never thought that there was unfairness in the bout that lasted fully. What I could see was the Korean Boxer, made Mayweather sweat in some occasions. I complement the Korean who fought like a lion unto the last.

Rambabu, I didn't put my thoughts properly in words, of course the bout was fair. What I meant was that the sporting spirit was missing. A true sportsman would never hit his opponent exactly in the place where he has been hurt or sore. That consideration is now missing from most such bouts. The sporting spirit has given way to mere competition and the will to win at whatever the cost.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Rambabu, I didn't put my thoughts properly in words, of course the bout was fair. What I meant was that the sporting spirit was missing. A true sportsman would never hit his opponent exactly in the place where he has been hurt or sore. That consideration is now missing from most such bouts. The sporting spirit has given way to mere competition and the will to win at whatever the cost.

Absolutely, if unfair practices are used, it certainly goes against the very spirit "Sportsman Spirit." such victories are not Victories.

I have no seen this bout though fro news reports these concerns filtered out and in that bout three judges and all of them give numbers in favors of winner. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

I have watched the bout. There was talk that Mayweather resorted to unsportive ways against his opponent. Of course the umpires neither noticed nor objected to the actions of Mayweather.

rambabu wrote:

I have watched the bout. There was talk that Mayweather resorted to unsportive ways against his opponent. Of course the umpires neither noticed nor objected to the actions of Mayweather.

The thing is even such ways are noticed, if they are not flouting the rules, judges won't comment on it. After all, 'sporting spirit' or the 'moral fabric' etc are all useless and the thing is to win the competition at all costs!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The thing is even such ways are noticed, if they are not flouting the rules, judges won't comment on it. After all, 'sporting spirit' or the 'moral fabric' etc are all useless and the thing is to win the competition at all costs!

Absolutely Kalyani. Here is an example of true sportsman spirit shown by legendary cricketer Sir Garfield Sobers. 

In a test match, sobers claimed a catch.

Because the claim was from none other than Sir Sobers, the umpire raised the finger indicating that the batsman was out.

When the dejected batsman started towards the pavilion , Sir Sobers approached the umpire and said, "Sir, I was kidding. The Batsman was not out,"

Then the batsman was called back and the play resumed.

Though, it was not about boxing, I ventured to quote this example because it stands as a testimony for the "Sportsman spirit."

There were three judges and all of them ignored this, then if it is true then there is something fishy in this bout, it was meant as fight of the century and should be derived of all such doubts so might be reboot could be answer for this. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

But in the wake of a talk that expressed doubt there were unfair methods employed, it's the responsibility of tha WBA to clear the suspicions pertaining to true sportsman spirit and it's sanctity.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.