Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
As per the link mentioned in article, due to support ends of Windows XP, ATMs can be hit, but I think there should be emergency measures, surely Windows 8 is better and most secure windows, with dual OS, now it is offering free update to 8.1 which is over 3 gb download only through WIndows store. Perhaps for some days manual transactions is need of hour. As per link posted by #usha manohar most banks are now performing core banking and it seems manual withdrawal of money is going to be difficult, Microsoft is offering Chinese banks options for giving Windows XP support in enterprise editions for five more years, and I have no idea about India banks.

Oh, Microsoft is giving Chinese banks the options of giving XP support in its enterprise editions for 5 more years??? I didn't read that anywhere yet. That would be an advantage to them. India is a close partner of the US in terms of software and they could have offered India that sort of offer.
I read it in Microsoft's Google plus updates and they are giving them as if not then they threatened them to shift to Chineese custom made Linux or even some Chineese hacker group prepares their own updates of XP backed by govt, and for this Microsoft with a certain sum apparently agree to this, but all these are not confirmed but seems to be correct as it appears on MS google plus updates.

http://mohanmekap.com/

As per the link mentioned in article, due to support ends of Windows XP, ATMs can be hit, but I think there should be emergency measures, surely Windows 8 is better and most secure windows, with dual OS, now it is offering free update to 8.1 which is over 3 gb download only through WIndows store. Perhaps for some days manual transactions is need of hour. As per link posted by #usha manohar most banks are now performing core banking and it seems manual withdrawal of money is going to be difficult, Microsoft is offering Chinese banks options for giving Windows XP support in enterprise editions for five more years, and I have no idea about India banks.

Oh, Microsoft is giving Chinese banks the options of giving XP support in its enterprise editions for 5 more years??? I didn't read that anywhere yet. That would be an advantage to them. India is a close partner of the US in terms of software and they could have offered India that sort of offer.
I read it in Microsoft's Google plus updates and they are giving them as if not then they threatened them to shift to Chineese custom made Linux or even some Chineese hacker group prepares their own updates of XP backed by govt, and for this Microsoft with a certain sum apparently agree to this, but all these are not confirmed but seems to be correct as it appears on MS google plus updates.

Yes, it could be a true update as it has come from the horse's mouth. Is the update still available there to read?

If this is true then I am not surprised, Chinese have the ability to bring the world to its knees! I am sure that China might be the biggest customer of the Microsoft and so they would agree to extend support for further 5 years! Since they have probably the biggest team of hackers who has already shown the world what they can do, Microsoft has to agree to their terms. On the other hand, India in spite of having the most intelligent techie people can hardly do anything to make others agree to our terms! Three cheers to China! :woohoo: :cheer:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If this is true then I am not surprised, Chinese have the ability to bring the world to its knees! I am sure that China might be the biggest customer of the Microsoft and so they would agree to extend support for further 5 years! Since they have probably the biggest team of hackers who has already shown the world what they can do, Microsoft has to agree to their terms. On the other hand, India in spite of having the most intelligent techie people can hardly do anything to make others agree to our terms! Three cheers to China! :woohoo: :cheer:

You are right. I am sure even without US's help India does have the capacity to develop softwares that can cater to the needs of functioning of ATMs.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

When I asked about this in my bank ( ICICI) , they said that they were not expecting any major problems either on the 8th or any day for that matter since most banks have the required support system...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

When I asked about this in my bank ( ICICI) , they said that they were not expecting any major problems either on the 8th or any day for that matter since most banks have the required support system...

The banks would surely take all the care they have to because they cannot afford to stay inactive where security is a big concern, especially when there are already so many phishing attacks and accounts being easily hacked.

The banks would surely take all the care they have to because they cannot afford to stay inactive where security is a big concern, especially when there are already so many phishing attacks and accounts being easily hacked.

Exactly ! Since they have been forewarned I am sure they have taken the necessary measures by now, so there may not be any great inconvenience...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Exactly ! Since they have been forewarned I am sure they have taken the necessary measures by now, so there may not be any great inconvenience...

It is home users who have XP systems who need to upgrade fast, including me. But since I use Firefox and my husband uses Chrome browsers, we can use it for a few days more but I am still not sure how fast it will remain!

Is is only for 8th april ? We can use atm cards after 8th april ?

Thelink says:

Banking operations, including ATM services, may be hit as support from Microsoft for Windows XP operating system will end from April 8,

So the problem is not for one day only This will begin on 8th April. But the banks may solve the issue some way. RBI may devise a software for ATMs and dependance on Microsoft may be brought to an end.

ATM is very necessary for ourself. It is quite interesting in what way RBI solve such problem. Microsoft is big not biggest. Solve solution for this problem must find by RBI.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.