Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
WEll, I am sure they will found some way to keep having safe ATM process.. may be they will upgrade to latest OS.

But which OS, my friend? They use Windows XP, isn't it? And if they are to upgrade it, it will be another OS completely as XP won't have a newer version now.

It can be anyone.. If they just want to go with Microsoft then they already have two choice windows 7 and 8... So they have to decide it. I don't think there will be any problem related to it. :whistle:

I guess, Windows 8 will be a good option rather than 7. There are many versions of the OS as well. So, it will be eaiser to select or to zero in on something like that.

Yes 8 is the more better option security wise as it is the latest one.. yes there are many other options too but I think windows option will be better for better service.

As it is the latest OS version still, it will take time for the hackers to break open into the system. So, I thought 8 could be a good option.

Yup.. Windows 8 is surely better security wise in compare of windows 7 and older version of windows. So yes latest one can be better.

We came to this conclusion about Windows 8 being better and so preferrable. But will anyone listen to us.... :angry: :angry: Actually just :laugh: :laugh:

Lol...

May be... who knows? :laugh:

I guess they should think about MAC too,, which is secure and virus free in compare of windows...

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
oh no. i am a student. i want to open a bank account with atm card. but now, what can i do? Will this issue come to an end?

You don't have to worry much about it, get an account with ATM card facility as soon as it is feasible for you. Considering threats of security, you can rest assured that this problem will be addressed by the banks soon because they are the ones to lose the most in case any attacks happen. After all, banks run more on credibility and trust!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

WEll, I am sure they will found some way to keep having safe ATM process.. may be they will upgrade to latest OS.

But which OS, my friend? They use Windows XP, isn't it? And if they are to upgrade it, it will be another OS completely as XP won't have a newer version now.

It can be anyone.. If they just want to go with Microsoft then they already have two choice windows 7 and 8... So they have to decide it. I don't think there will be any problem related to it. :whistle:

I guess, Windows 8 will be a good option rather than 7. There are many versions of the OS as well. So, it will be eaiser to select or to zero in on something like that.

Yes 8 is the more better option security wise as it is the latest one.. yes there are many other options too but I think windows option will be better for better service.

As it is the latest OS version still, it will take time for the hackers to break open into the system. So, I thought 8 could be a good option.

Yup.. Windows 8 is surely better security wise in compare of windows 7 and older version of windows. So yes latest one can be better.

We came to this conclusion about Windows 8 being better and so preferrable. But will anyone listen to us.... :angry: :angry: Actually just :laugh: :laugh:

Lol...

I guess they should think about MAC too,, which is secure and virus free in compare of windows...

Oh yes, I didn't think about MAC :dry: , actually. Yes, that's a potential option as well.

Lol...

Oh yes, I didn't think about MAC :dry: , actually. Yes, that's a potential option as well.

Potential but not really feasible. MAC systems are normally too expensive to afford for most!

Lol...

Potential but not really feasible. MAC systems are normally too expensive to afford for most!

That's totally right.. But security wise they are far better than windows too. And these days they are giving it in low price in compare to past, that's what I heard.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Lol...

That's totally right.. But security wise they are far better than windows too. And these days they are giving it in low price in compare to past, that's what I heard.

Is it? its really good then! How much would a system cost, do you have any idea? I mean, what would be the lowest they would offer on market? For home use purposes!

Thank you said by: AKP

Lol...

Is it? its really good then! How much would a system cost, do you have any idea? I mean, what would be the lowest they would offer on market? For home use purposes!

Sorry... I have no idea about price. But I will let you know once I know it from my friend...

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Its only those ATMs that have not been upgraded that will go on the blink....However, there is always the option of going to your bank and withdrawing money
http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/microsoft-april-8-deadline-most-atms-still-run-windows-xp-220290.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As per the link mentioned in article, due to support ends of Windows XP, ATMs can be hit, but I think there should be emergency measures, surely Windows 8 is better and most secure windows, with dual OS, now it is offering free update to 8.1 which is over 3 gb download only through WIndows store. Perhaps for some days manual transactions is need of hour. As per link posted by #usha manohar most banks are now performing core banking and it seems manual withdrawal of money is going to be difficult, Microsoft is offering Chinese banks options for giving Windows XP support in enterprise editions for five more years, and I have no idea about India banks.

http://mohanmekap.com/

As per the link mentioned in article, due to support ends of Windows XP, ATMs can be hit, but I think there should be emergency measures, surely Windows 8 is better and most secure windows, with dual OS, now it is offering free update to 8.1 which is over 3 gb download only through WIndows store. Perhaps for some days manual transactions is need of hour. As per link posted by #usha manohar most banks are now performing core banking and it seems manual withdrawal of money is going to be difficult, Microsoft is offering Chinese banks options for giving Windows XP support in enterprise editions for five more years, and I have no idea about India banks.

Oh, Microsoft is giving Chinese banks the options of giving XP support in its enterprise editions for 5 more years??? I didn't read that anywhere yet. That would be an advantage to them. India is a close partner of the US in terms of software and they could have offered India that sort of offer.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.