Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Absolutely, this is a major cause which is extremely harming the education system. I want to cite an instance which speaks a lot about our standard of education. Recently, my son got three out of ten in Mathematics practical paper. One sum which carried seven marks was given wrong. He asked the teacher and made her understand how he solved it. The teacher was not ready to accept it as that method was not given in the blue print of the answers. He constantly went on explaining his method and then the teacher tried to follow it, consulted other Mathematics teacher and then gave him seven more marks. Imagine if my son had not stick to his ground strongly and challenged the evaluation process then he would not have got full marks in that paper. How many students of ninth standard would have this guts to challenge the system? Finally, they will be the looser for no fault of theirs.

Something similar happened to my son again with Maths. While he was in PUC he had also appeared for CET . He was expecting to score 98-100% in Mathematics. But he got 90 which upset him a lot because it also counts for CET ,where for people like us without reservations ,every mark counts because it either decreases or increases your CET rank. Since he was confident about his own performance we decided to meet the university head at Bangalore. We had to apply for a re-correction process , after which  we were handed over the marks sheet which has be evaluated by the head of the dept of the respective college where he studied and if there is scope for more marks , one can apply for re-correction . They have one where you pay a nominal fee and the time taken may go up to 1 month or longer. We could not afford to take that option because the CET results were be announced in 2 weeks time after the PUC results. So we paid a higher fee which if the student scores more than 6 marks after the re correction would be refunded back  ( 85%).

The whole process of course involved in our making three trips to Bangalore which was an additional expenditure. Anyway, my son did get 9 more marks and got a rank within the first 100 in CET. But on thinking back I feel that since I was in the department it was easy for me to tackle it since it is a complicated and time consuming process, but imagine those who are unaware of it . Why dont they make the system simpler , where one can apply for re-correction at ones own university and have it done  quickly without wasting time. I am told that this is one way of making money since the number of student who apply for re-correction is very high .

Your son was fortunate and got his answer sheet properly rechecked but sometimes rechecking means only re-totalling and nothing more. In such cases students loose. And, as you said it's a way of making money and this speaks a lot about our system and so how can we expect that our country will progress for the better. 

Actually, there are two options available to a student, re totaling, which as you may not amount to much and decorrelation, for which they charge more but refund ,85% of the amount if the student gets more than 6 marks than the previous tally. But either way they make money because of their lack of dedication and mistakes .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

Thanks to all the members who have shared their views on the topic here thereby adding new perspective, have liked all your responses 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya, suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.