Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Anyone can read as much as they want but an intelligent person would try to know in between the lines of the text and try to make new concepts out of it. It solely depends on the person, not exactly on the action of reading itself.

Thank you said by: rambabu

I work with special need children. My younger daughter struggles with dyslexia but her IQ lies in superior intelligence. Reading is a skill. She struggles with reading but no one can doubt her superior intelligence in field of Music, Art, Theatre and Cooking. She is outstanding in those areas and beams with pride for her achievements. She is much slower at reading but can express beautifully through stories and stick drawing or illustration. If we ignore mirror images and spelling errors, her sentence structure and choice of words is much beyond her age. She has developed her vocabulary by listening to the books that my elder daughter, my husband and I have read to her. My elder one reads voraciously. She also wants to read like her sister but her limitations due to dyslexia hampers it. But she is very intelligent

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

I work with special need children. My younger daughter struggles with dyslexia but her IQ lies in superior intelligence. Reading is a skill. She struggles with reading but no one can doubt her superior intelligence in field of Music, Art, Theatre and Cooking. She is outstanding in those areas and beams with pride for her achievements. She is much slower at reading but can express beautifully through stories and stick drawing or illustration. If we ignore mirror images and spelling errors, her sentence structure and choice of words is much beyond her age. She has developed her vocabulary by listening to the books that my elder daughter, my husband and I have read to her. My elder one reads voraciously. She also wants to read like her sister but her limitations due to dyslexia hampers it. But she is very intelligent

Of course dyslexia and intelligence has no connection as such but sometimes ADHD might also be the cause of dyslexia from what i perceive ..How old is your daughter ? I was reading that dyslexia is quite common and as the childbecomes an adult it hardly has any impact on the adult personality . Found this article on the net ..

https://www.understood.org/en/learning-attention-issues/child-learning-disabilities/dyslexia/understanding-dyslexia

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I know . Dyslexia is not a sign of low  intelligence or laziness.. Some Doctors refer it as a reading disorder. Dyslexia may affect  speaking..  Your daughter's brilliance in the fields of Art, Cooking etc is really astonishing and amazing. In this connection I must say ,your hubby and, your elder daughter's efforts are really commendable. I pray the almighty  to make your daughter normal.

An intelligent person would try to know in between the lines of the text and try to make new concepts out of it. It solely depends on the person, not exactly on the action of reading itself..

Perception can be through books or life experience s which add on to ones wisdom and intelligence. Whereas someone might look at an accident as an unfortunate event , an intelligent mind would focus on why and how it happened and what steps can be taken to prevent it in the future!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

I know . Dyslexia is not a sign of low  intelligence or laziness.. Some Doctors refer it as a reading disorder. Dyslexia may affect  speaking..  Your daughter's brilliance in the fields of Art, Cooking etc is really astonishing and amazing. In this connection I must say ,your hubby and, your elder daughter's efforts are really commendable. I pray the almighty  to make your daughter normal.

Thanks for your concern. She is normal. There is nothing we wish to change about her and we feel proud to have her. She is highly talented and differently abled. We love her uniqueness and have never wished for her to be normal or mainstream. Dyslexia is not curable. It is a life long companion

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: rambabu
Arunima Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Thanks for your concern. She is normal. There is nothing we wish to change about her and we feel proud to have her. She is highly talented and differently abled. We love her uniqueness and have never wished for her to be normal or mainstream. Dyslexia is not curable. It is a life long companion

As you please Arunuma. I cant but appreciate you

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

I believe that a well listened person is very much intelligent.

sdfafa

I think the movie Tare Zamin Pe was on dyslexia and brought out beautifully the need to understand and support them. Our best wishes are with you and your dear daughter, Arunima.

Thank you said by: rambabu, Arunima Singh
vijay wrote:

I think the movie Tare Zamin Pe was on dyslexia and brought out beautifully the need to understand and support them. Our best wishes are with you and your dear daughter, Arunima.

Her courage is exemplary. Arunima refused to yield to the adverse conditions , She fought and won

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.