This has been going on and on for decades now and finally the US supreme court has gone ahead and granted same sex couples the right to marry. This judgment will definitely have an impact on the gay and lesbian community here in India as well since they have been asking for such rights here since a few years now...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/US-Supreme-Court-rules-same-sex-marriage-is-legal-across-the-United-States/articleshow/47832568.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=T

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A historic triumph for American Gay rights Movement. True, this landmark judgment will certainly have an impact on the Indian Gay community for which they were looking forward since a long time.

Even now there is no baqn on any males living together. But trhey are not considered as married couple. They are better known as friends or room mates. Even if you recongize them as married, this is not normal or natrural family as understood generally.  They can't have naturally born children of their own. But they may adopt children from natural fanilies. Now such child will be confused as to which one is papa or mom. This type of same sex couple is really amazing and funny. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Even now there is no baqn on any males living together. But trhey are not considered as married couple. They are better known as friends or room mates. Even if you recongize them as married, this is not normal or natrural family as understood generally.  They can't have naturally born children of their own. But they may adopt children from natural fanilies. Now such child will be confused as to which one is papa or mom. This type of same sex couple is really amazing and funny. 

Well said sir. Even they adopt a child, as you said the child will be in a confusion to identify Papa and Mama. It evoked laughter in me.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
rambabu wrote:

Well said sir. Even they adopt a child, as you said the child will be in a confusion to identify Papa and Mama. It evoked laughter in me.

Even neighbors, friends and relatives will be confused. whom to address as 'madam' or Bhabhiji and whom to call 'Bhai Saheb'. The children in the join t family will be confusesd about identifying 'uncle' or aunt. Suppose that one male is to act as 'wife'-  why not straight marry a real woman instead of same sex. 

rambabu wrote:

Even neighbors, friends and relatives will be confused. whom to address as 'madam' or Bhabhiji and whom to call 'Bhai Saheb'. The children in the join t family will be confusesd about identifying 'uncle' or aunt. Suppose that one male is to act as 'wife'-  why not straight marry a real woman instead of same sex. 

But the verdict on same sex marriages is being hailed all over the world including President Obama. He said A new chapter has been opened for the equality of rights. I don't know how these same sex marriages are looked as  A triumph for those who think that same sex marriages are  A statement that emphasizes the "Equal rights."

rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:

But the verdict on same sex marriages is being hailed all over the world including President Obama. He said A new chapter has been opened for the equality of rights. I don't know how these same sex marriages are looked as  A triumph for those who think that same sex marriages are  A statement that emphasizes the "Equal rights."

I read you in a post recently that if it happened in India, Indians will oppose it but the fact is we have a law which permits the act opposition or no opposition

http://indiandost.com/gay_right_main.php

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It has now been proven that there are some people whose sexual preferences are not what is termed as "normal" by most people and we have to respect that .In fact there are references to the same sex attraction even in our scriptures.. It may be opposed and people with such preferences may be looked down but like other human beings they too are entitled to their rights - whether it is marriage or raising kids ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It has now been proven that there are some people whose sexual preferences are not what is termed as "normal" by most people and we have to respect that .In fact there are references to the same sex attraction even in our scriptures.. It may be opposed and people with such preferences may be looked down but like other human beings they too are entitled to their rights - whether it is marriage or raising kids ...

I agree. Everyone has a right to his or her preferences. As a good citizen either respect others preferences or getaway.

We don't deny different sexual needs or diversions. But it is improper to consider same sex couples as husband and wife. This is mockery. We may be very liberal but have to see and do things in right perspective.  You may sympathise with some body with weak eyesight but you can't say that his sight is normal. Similarly same sex couple may not be harassed but it will be mockery of social and family system to accept them at par with normal couples. 

"Improper" is a relative word. Not absolute."Improper" may be for a tradition bound country like India. But not for those people in many countries.

http://theweek.com/articles/465579/13-countries-where-gay-marriage-legal-updated

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.