Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It may have been filmed by a foreigner but whatever he filmed was there to be filmed.Even if one chooses to debunk the spirituality that is attributed to this great river we need to keep it as clean as possible for no other reason than our own survival.I can understand if a poor and illiterate person is involved in this but when I find it is a racket consisting of industrialists,government civil servants and contractors who are out to ruin it.What else one can say?
This is quite surpriing for me. I have been known that the human corpse would be burned and the ashes would be mixed in the Ganga river to attain moksha... This is for the first time that I was seeing a dead body in the sacred river.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
A newly created NGRBA will take up the task on mission mode,acc. To it by 2020 no municipal sewage or industrial effluent will flow into the Ganga w/o complete treatment. The exercise would cost the Govt. Rs.15,000 crore over the next 10 years of which Indian Govt. expects WB to lend $1 billion for the 1st phase. Though centre proposed the share of expenditure b/w centre and state in 70:30 ratio but CMs of Bihar and Uttarakhand refused it so PM said it will be decided by Planning Commossion later.
The new authority's precursor,Ganga Action Plan(GAP), which was started in 1985 has been a failure in cleaning the river. GAP took the work on town basis and NGRBA will be on Basin-wide basis. GAP worked on sewage treatment but this will take catchment area treatment also in account.

GOI are taking and had taken steps may b this will work out.
Hope this new initiative would be a sincere one and wouldn't meet the fate of earlier grandiose schemes and plans!
chinmoymukherjee wrote:
[quote]Hmm! Kolkata is out of the list! How's that?[/quote]

Chinmoy,

you are very lucky as kolkata is a wonderful place.I agree that it has huge slums but it is not at all in the list of polluted cities. It has different transport system including Metro line but still it is not.
I am also surprised that how come delhi city is not in the list?
But some suburbs are there like Noida...etc.

It think in most of the cities the pollution is generally caused due to traffic which is not much compared to industrial pollution. What is the ultimate reason i couldnt find...
@ Sajeetharan

Thanks for providing the video..it really harmful for people as well as sea animal..Many be that is the why many species in sea are now not seen anymore... :(

I havent seen some jelly fishes which use to be seen on the shore of Visakhapatnam beach. Here also drainage water and other harmful chemicals are released in the water of sea...

If in sea the animals couldnt survive then what would be the state of animals in rivers..really very pity..we indian have stop these things..

Dead bodies are ultimate...i think they dont have money to crimate the bodies?
sajeetharan wrote:
[quote]Go back to Veda - Dayanand Saraswathi

That's the only way to avoid polluting earth :blink: :blink:

hmm I'm surprised not to see Hyd, Pune, Mum n Bang in TOP 5![/quote]

What does that mean...in veda is there any solution..??? :ohmy: :dry: please elobrate
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]Rajani good to of you to raise this critical issue!! Pollution is one of the most concerning problems all over the world!

@Sajeetharan I too am surprised to see these big cities missingf rom the list!!!

All of these cities in the list have industries of polluting nature like the superthermal power plant, vast coal reserves and GUjarat Ambuja cement factory in Chandrapur!! Such pollution factors far surpass the mere pollution due to vehicles in metros such as Mumbai, Hyderabad etc!![/quote]

Kalyani,

You are abosolutely right its critical issue and the reason stated by you can be a reason...many be we can think delhi,hyderbad and mumbai in the list of seriously polluted cites.. :) Banglore cannt be listed as it is one of the most coolest one...lot of trees are protecting..

Do you think is there any way to get ride of this pollution.
Deepti wrote:
[quote]This is quite surpriing for me. I have been known that the human corpse would be burned and the ashes would be mixed in the Ganga river to attain moksha... This is for the first time that I was seeing a dead body in the sacred river.[/quote]

In olden days this was quiet common and old people use to go to KASHI or Varanasi for getting moksha..but it is rediculous belief as the do know with human decay how much pollution they are creating.

I dont know the exact reason deepti why they follow this ...after dying may be other people throw the bodies like that as they may not be interested in baring the charges of cremation... :unsure:

above pictures are of Yamuna river.

By the way its a sub continental problem, not so long back I read similar review about Pakistani rivers down stream including one which gets all the Lahore toxins.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.