India is already in the list of top polluted country.But do you know the top 20 places in India which are critically polluted..?

Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) and IIT-Delhi jointly done survey in some industrial cities and conclude that 43 were critically pollution in the scale of 70 on a 100 point scale.

In this list top 19 are as follows with pollution score.
1. ANKLESHWAR(Bharuch district of Gujarat)
Pollution score: 88.5/ 100 (Higest one)
2.VAPI( Valsad district of Gujarat)
Pollution score: 88.09/ 100
3.GHAZIABAD (UP state)
Pollution score: 87.37/ 100
4.CHANDRAPUR(Maharastra state)
Pollution score: 83.88/ 100
5. KORBA (Chattisgarh)
Pollution score: 83/ 100
6. BHIWADI(Rajasthan)
Pollution score: 82.91/ 100
7. ANGUL TALCHER(Orissa)
Pollution score: 82.09/ 100
8. VELLORE(Tamil Nadu)
Pollution score: 81.79/ 100
9. SINGRAULI(Uttar Pradesh state)
Pollution score: 81.73/ 100
10. LUDHIANA (Punjab)
Pollution score: 81.66/ 100
11. NAJAFGARH DRAIN BASIN (East Delhi )
Pollution score: 79.54/ 100
12. NOIDA( Suburbs of Delhi)
Pollution score: 78.90/ 100
13. DHANBAD(Jharkhand)
Pollution score: 78.63/ 100
14.DOMBIVLI(Maharastra State)
Pollution score: 78.41/ 100
15.KANPUR(9th famous city in India)
Pollution score: 78.09/ 100
16. CUDDALORE (Tamil Nadu)
Pollution score: 77.45/ 100
17. AURANGABAD (Maharastra)
Pollution score: 77.44/ 100
18. FARIDABAD
Pollution score: 77.07/ 100
19.AGRA
Pollution score: 76.48/ 100

I find that most of the cities have industries or coal mines..so what is our opinion on this are they the main reason and to reduce pollution do we have to close some industries?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Go back to Veda - Dayanand Saraswathi

That's the only way to avoid polluting earth :blink: :blink:

hmm I'm surprised not to see Hyd, Pune, Mum n Bang in TOP 5!
Rajani good to of you to raise this critical issue!! Pollution is one of the most concerning problems all over the world!

@Sajeetharan I too am surprised to see these big cities missingf rom the list!!!

All of these cities in the list have industries of polluting nature like the superthermal power plant, vast coal reserves and GUjarat Ambuja cement factory in Chandrapur!! Such pollution factors far surpass the mere pollution due to vehicles in metros such as Mumbai, Hyderabad etc!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Hey! Hyderabad and Bangaluru are not present in the list. It is very nice to know that Hyderabad do not have much pollution compared to remaining places.
;)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Hmm! Kolkata is out of the list! How's that?
I was just roaming around youtube and found this which certainly shocks me.
(Link in the following post)

It seems that the Ganges is the most polluted river in the world which becomes more dangerous because people drink its sacred waters. Some other related videos also show that in Varanasi, Industrial waste, human waste, human corpses are thrown into Ganges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKrFKasqntU
I am perfectly aware of the staus of this great river as I live a few hundred metres away from it.We have been simply reckeless in using this river.The indistrial effulents discharge into it has rendered its water as the most contaminated one.
To no offense, but some of these videos are quite shockers. Why people not protest and still drink polluted water? I dont want have any bad intentions in saying that; in Pakistan, this kind of thing would never be allowed. Mosques are the cleanest place in Pakistan and in Muslim world.
It is a very chilling video, Sajeetharan!!
There probably is no answer to your question, because we Indians are inscrutable!!! Ganges is extremely sacred to us and in the name of sanctity and to attain the ultimate freedom or moksha, we throw the dead into the waters!!

I have never been to any of the pilgrim places on the banks of Ganges, but I have been told by many that the dead are simply thrown in the waters!! :( :(

There should be some laws in place to avoid these practices!! :(

@Kalyani,

We have pollution control boards and other agencies and Ganga Action Plan in the name of which crores of money were looted by the vested interests but the condition of this great river has just gone from bad to worse.
@Chinmoy, this is a matter of great shame for us!! In spite of existence of pollution control boards and Ganga Action Plan, if these things keep happening, we should not talk about spiritualism or purity or any such nonsense because we don't mean it!!

I also see that the video posted by sajeetharan is filmed by a foreigner!! Time and again, we keep exposing ourselves to the world in such a manner!!! :angry: :( :angry:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.