Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Somewhere I have read that Jaya Bachchan's recent comment is basically an indirect outburst regarding the bold scenes of her daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in the film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. If this is true then why didn't she speak up when her husband Amitabh Bachchan did the film Nishabd with Jiah Khan. It seems she is behaving like a typical mother-in-law. 

Even it came in media how the in- laws Bachhan were upset with Aishwarya.

Earlier in most of the cases ( not all), the bold acting by the artists spoke a volume and left a bold impact. Nowadays, the bold scenes also fail to do so and have only become a crowd puller for wrong reasons.

But I would say that even today Bollywood is full of talents and still there are movies which leave impressions for long. Though the number is just handfull 

You are right that nowadays bold scenes have only become crowd puller and I would say that the movie makers deliberately include such scenes where it is not even required which I vehemently oppose. But, the point  is the cine goers are with rural, urban and ultra modern background so the business factor cannot be ignored. I am of the opinion that during her time too senseless movies were made, maybe the number was less, but still no one objected to the language, gory scenes, hot scenes and so on. 

Yes, senseless movies were made in all eras but the numbers have increased. But what I feel that earlier we had classes of actors and directors - A grade and B grade. From the cast and crew, you could make out what to expect from the movie. Some artists were sure to give a good clean entertainment while we expected the pinch of vulgarity from some known for that. Now that division has blurred or in fact completely diminished. Vulgarity has adulterated everyone irrespective of the class they belong to. So makes it a tough choice for audience who want only sensible movies. In fact the interviews by these stars or the promotion of movies also have dual talks having hidden vulgar messages. Even their attires show the not required indecency. In movies, we can justify it as demand of character and script, what about it in public shows. 

Earlier artistes loved to show ornaments and now ultra modern dresses have replaced it. So, in some or the other way it's a matter of display either of wealth or body. Both should be condemned. 

shampasaid

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I think Jaya's choice of political party and the dynasty rule in our country's politics can be taken as a different forum discussion. Here she has expressed her point of view over current cinema. We can discuss that. We can agree with her view point or disagree with it. Why should be drag her political career in this??

You are right, here we should be discuss only about films. Making movie was always business. In earlier making movies are not much expensive and peoples have only one mode of entertainment i.e. movies. But now film making is expensive, so no like to suffer loss. Shashi Kapoor is example of it. Utsav, Janoon, and some more films which are produced by Shashi Kapoor was art movies but no one return him cost of these films.

A movie's success or Failure depends on the Audience. With time audience taste will change.  There is a vast difference between the  audience   of Jaya Bachchan's time and today's audience. In this speed age audience especially Youngsters lean more towards fast moving movies. And in this regard Producers too make movies catering to the needs of the audience. Otherwise their movies will fail. After all Movie making is a business.

Your are right that youngsters like fast moving movies, but there is not shortage of audience who like slow movies. Piku, Burfi, Paa, Page Three and Ckah De India(What a movie I can watch it hundred time) is example. All these movies are success one.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I think Jaya's choice of political party and the dynasty rule in our country's politics can be taken as a different forum discussion. Here she has expressed her point of view over current cinema. We can discuss that. We can agree with her view point or disagree with it. Why should be drag her political career in this??

You are right, here we should be discuss only about films. Making movie was always business. In earlier making movies are not much expensive and peoples have only one mode of entertainment i.e. movies. But now film making is expensive, so no like to suffer loss. Shashi Kapoor is example of it. Utsav, Janoon, and some more films which are produced by Shashi Kapoor was art movies but no one return him cost of these films.

A movie's success or Failure depends on the Audience. With time audience taste will change.  There is a vast difference between the  audience   of Jaya Bachchan's time and today's audience. In this speed age audience especially Youngsters lean more towards fast moving movies. And in this regard Producers too make movies catering to the needs of the audience. Otherwise their movies will fail. After all Movie making is a business.

Your are right that youngsters like fast moving movies, but there is not shortage of audience who like slow movies. Piku, Burfi, Paa, Page Three and Ckah De India(What a movie I can watch it hundred time) is example. All these movies are success one.

The movies you said are evergreen. They can be watched even after few decades. But today's audience especially youngster prefer fast moving movies.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.