The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
An IAS officer has greater status than even the senior most manager of a private establishment. The IAS led bureaucracy runs government and even controls and regulates business concerns. Once Dhirbhai Ambani remarked- " I have no inhibitions even saluting a peon in secretariat." Just compare the position of a CPWD oficer with the senior-most officer of contracting firm. Compare Business Houses/ export firms managers in relation to Central Excise/ Income Tax officers. The contrast is readily understood. The Govt jobs give hassle-free income, security and greater social status. In this context, pay received in private or govt. are not so significant.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
[quote]An IAS officer has greater status than even the senior most manager of a private establishment. The IAS led bureaucracy runs government and even controls and regulates business concerns. Once Dhirbhai Ambani remarked- " I have no inhibitions even saluting a peon in secretariat." Just compare the position of a CPWD oficer with the senior-most officer of contracting firm. Compare Business Houses/ export firms managers in relation to Central Excise/ Income Tax officers. The contrast is readily understood. The Govt jobs give hassle-free income, security and greater social status. In this context, pay received in private or govt. are not so significant.[/quote]

Gulshan sir, do you know what is the selection procedure of IAS. During interview selection officers demand for near about 5000000 Rs To 1 crore bribe.

In these days you can see in news mostly a lot IAS officers getting suspended, arrested for corruption and other non legal works. In these days big government officers maximum are corrupted, there is no inner respect from people for those IAS officer.
The very fact that there is corruption in govt officers indicates that they have power. It ids said- Power corrupts. A powerless person without authority cannot be corrupt. I do not suggest bad means. But it goes without saying that govt officers or bureaucrats have real power. This is next to politicians. Politicians are also corrupt. As regards businessmen, they give bribes to govt departments and make them corrupt
Good character and honesty are great virtue. There are very honest people also everywhere and they are respected.
I have one more suggestion. Apart from IAS, there is good scope in judiciary. Those interested in law may choose lawyer's job as well as judicial appointments.
I however agree that private companies particularly multinationals provide good career to really talented.

to lohith
I wrote government jobs are more secure than private ones since as and when the boss irritated by ur work u may get fired in the private sector. But in G. Jobs atleast there will be certain procedure before laying off an employee
I do agree with Gulshan, but a small difference. All government jobs are good ones including IAS, Judicial as well as Municipal Sweepers. What make them different is how the employed one is performing there function in the office or where ever he/she suppose to work. I know IAS officers who never took a single rupee in there entire life time in service but simply vanished in history. But those who got money, involved in scandals, got famoused and they are named in high positions even as commissions after their retirement. The Judiciary is not that much better. Our Honourable Chief Justis Himself once told the media that Judiciary is corrupt and he is aware of the same, but can't do much about it. So I must say that in private or public the workaholics will work, the lazy once will take the name and those took bribes will earn and have high end connections
Shalu Joseph- There is no variation between your and my views. I only say that the govt jobs- especially in I.A.S. and other similar services and judiciary carry more authority and prestige. Individual character and merit is definitely important everywhere. As regards career prospects and fate of perfectly honest, We must agree that the society and therefore bureaucracy as well as business people consist of corrupt and selfish people. Hence, the successful are those who compromise with circumstances. The very idealist and dead honest are not liked by others and they suffer.
However, i must say that the corporate sector provides good opportunities to the brilliant and extraordinary whereas the govt jobs are for the mediocre.

According to me private job is better.If salary is concerned,then private jobs should be preferred.In private jobs,you can get promotion at faster rate.While,in government jobs it takes a little time. The growth of private jobs is more than government jobs.I believe doing a private job you are satisfied to get good source of income.Thats why i will prefer a private job.

Want to make each day Accountable

I believe that there is total security in private jobs.You just need to be little attentive in your work.In india, in private job, you need to do hard work,thats true!,but they are paying you good amount of money.I believe there is mixed reaction of hard work in private jobs.In some jobs,they will pay you less for the hard work you do and on the otherside,in some jobs,they will pay more for less work.Risk is involve but can be neglected.In government jobs,the promotion is fixed at certain fix point,you reach.If you want to fulfill your dreams,private job is better.You struggle to fulfill your dreams,doing a government job.

Want to make each day Accountable

Lohit seth wrote:
[quote]

Gulshan sir, do you know what is the selection procedure of IAS. During interview selection officers demand for near about 5000000 Rs To 1 crore bribe.

In these days you can see in news mostly a lot IAS officers getting suspended, arrested for corruption and other non legal works. In these days big government officers maximum are corrupted, there is no inner respect from people for those IAS officer.[/quote]

I disagree with this point.Recently three of my neighbouring villagers received selection after interview.They were neither asked nor paid any bribe.Towards whom you say all these things.Bribe is there, I agree.But in posts like there may not be.But in railway recruitment and army recruitment process it occurs.It came due to the adoption of selection methods of private firms.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
thanks for agreeing with me gulshan
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.