Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't think it is a matter of acceptance or non acceptance by others.If two persons decide to live together i suppose there is no law which can separate them.The right question probably should have been "Whether such a relationship is good for social infrastructure or not?" My answer to this will be that it varies from place to place. for a society like ours(Indian)I think this is not an ideal relationship because we worship tradition and even if the partners in a live-in relationship are pleased to get separated at some point in time, probably many eyebrows will be raised.In other places where marriage lines are not regarded as concrete as in our circumstances or to say it the other way where the marriage is not as a sacred thing as in our society, perhaps a live in relationship may flourish.
RAJESH CHANDRA PANDEY wrote:
[quote]I don't think it is a matter of acceptance or non acceptance by others.If two persons decide to live together i suppose there is no law which can separate them.The right question probably should have been "Whether such a relationship is good for social infrastructure or not?" My answer to this will be that it varies from place to place. for a society like ours(Indian)I think this is not an ideal relationship because we worship tradition and even if the partners in a live-in relationship are pleased to get separated at some point in time, probably many eyebrows will be raised.In other places where marriage lines are not regarded as concrete as in our circumstances or to say it the other way where the marriage is not as a sacred thing as in our society, perhaps a live in relationship may flourish.[/quote]

Marriage ritual is only one time affair whereas the relations are life long. The rituals really do not matter if the couple are understanding. In olden times, people rarely moved to far off places and it was totally necessary to conform to social requirements. These days, everyone is busy with his own affairs and nobody bothers if a man and woman living together had married or not.

It is however necessary to perform formal marriage either according to religion or special marriage for avoiding disputes on succession and other matters arising from marriage at any future date. Simple marriage without incurring wasteful expenditure is all that is needed.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There is no choice than to accept it in today's society. But it is a wrong step to discuss about it as it would worsify the social evil.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.